Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm back


The title of this post has a couple of different meanings: First, I haven't posted anything in quite a while, and I'm back. To post. More. Second, my absence in the high tech arena has sent shock waves through the "We have nothing better to do with our lives than to obsess about the latest gadget that will be obsolete in 7 weeks" crowd. I'm back! My new phone gets delivered today, winner of "Phone of the Year" at this year's Mobile Choice Consumer Awards. It also won a coveted "Steve Kalb official awesomeness selection" at his first annual cell phone institute held yesterday in his living room. This year it came down to his current Motorola Z9, Shannon's 2004 Nokia piece of crap, and the yet to be delivered Nokia E71 (unlocked U.S. version). It was close, but ultimately, the E71 earned the distinction because it's much, much better than the other phones.

3 comments:

timbeam said...

That's quite the prestigious list of distinctions. Well done, Nokia Phone!

You are the next in a long line of excited, questionable, and ultimately misinformed and poor electronic decisions made by the Kalbster or one of his friends!

Welcome Aboard!

Shayk said...

WELCOME back babe! Glad you love your new phone!

Burt said...

You inspired me to get a new phone.